Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cold Weather Beauty Savers

Even though it's been a very mild winter here in Chicago so far (I'm not complaining!!!), the constant running of heaters and dryer air has taken its toll on my hair and skin... and the normal beauty routine just ain't cutting it.

A couple days ago I noticed my hair was feeling more crunchy than soft and knew I had to do something about it. Being on a 'au naturale' beauty kick (I've been testing out Evanhealy, an organic skincare line. Read more here), I scoured the beauty department at Whole Foods and ended up choosing a Burt's Bees product. Admittedly, I chose a product from that line because I'd heard of it before and been happy with their products. Well the Shea & Grapefruit Deep Conditioner didn't disappoint. In just one 2-minute treatment my hair felt softer and looked shinier. I'll definitely be adding this to my weekly routine throughout the rest of winter.




Another old standby I rely on throughout the winter months is Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve. It's perfect for dry lips, cracked cuticles and even wind burnt cheeks. It comes in two different packages, a tin or a tube. The tube is perfect for lips - you'll love the pink tint it leaves behind and the tin is good for just about everything.

What are your winter beauty favs? I love learning about new products!

No comments:

Post a Comment