Anyways, about a week ago I made these peanut butter cookies with Hershey's Kisses in them. They were a big hit and simple to make so I thought I'd share the recipe in case anyone was looking for a little something to make during this holiday party season. Tip: roll the dough in colored sugar instead of plain sugar for a fun, festive look.
PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS
Recipe from Hersheys.com
- Skill Level:
- Prep Time:
- 20 Minutes
- 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3
cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk
and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt;
gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each
cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
About 4 dozen cookies.
Nutritional Information per serving (1 cookie):
Calories: 90, Total Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 75mg,
Total Carbohydrate: 10g, Dietary Fiber: less than 1g, Sugars: 6g, Protein: 2g, Vitamin A: 0%DV*,
Vitamin C: 0%DV*, Calcium: 0%DV*, Iron: 2%DV*
*%DV= %Daily Values are calculated based on a 2000 calorie diet