Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Evan Healy Skincare Testing: Part I

Thanks to the great people at Whole Foods Market in Wheaton I've been testing out a new holistic skincare line -- and I must say, so far I'm really liking it.

Evanhealy is an organic skincare line that strives to return your skin to its natural state, which is thought to be the most healthful, most at balance. The trial set I choose for my skin was the Rose Face Care Kit , which claims to be able to strike a balance between the oily and dry spots on my skin. Since I began using the products on Monday, I have noticed a difference in the overall "glow" of my skin and the oil usually found mid-day is more under control.

The regimen for these products is actually quite simple. In the morning I wash with the milk cleanser, then follow up with the oil and a couple sprays of the hydrosol (this is my favorite step - it makes the skin so smooth and gives it a natural, healthy glow.) Finally, I finish off with the day moisturizer. Yes, a few more steps than just wash and go, but it is definitely worth it. At night, I cleanse and add a few sprays of hydrosol and it's off to bed.

The only downside I've experienced so far are a few breakouts, but it's hard to say these are directly related to the product. Even so, I like to think of them as a way to get the bad out and keep the good in. The kit does come with a clay mask (meant to be used once a week) that clears pores -- and guess what? I'm off to go try it now!

I'll check in next week with an update on these products - hope for the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment